Why raw food
What is raw pet food?
Raw pet food diet, also known as BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Feeding), is essentially raw meat, bones, fruit and vegetables that your pet would eat if they were in the wild. Although cats and dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years, their physiology and digestive system hasn't changed. Their requirements are completely different to those of humans. Their bodies were designed to eat raw meat and cats' and dogs' stomach pH is much lower than that of humans, meaning that they are able to break down raw meat and bone. Because the ingredients are raw, the food doesn't lose its enzymes and vitamins through the cooking process. Raw meat is rich in protein, which is an amino acid, enzymes and antioxidants and raw bones contain calcium, which are all vital and essential to the good health of cats and dogs.
In contrast, dry and tinned pet food often contains such ingredients as sugar, meat meals and meat derivatives with low meat content.
Benefits of raw food diet
One of the great benefits of raw pet food is that it's completely natural and without any artificial additives. Raw meat, fruit, vegetables and herbs provide complete and balanced nutrition for your furry friends, including amino acids, fibre, complex vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
Those owners who feed their cats and dogs raw food diet will vouch that their pets are much healthier and happier with fewer visits to the vets than those, who feed their pets tinned, dry or cooked food. By switching to raw meat pet food you and your pet can also benefit from:
- Healthy skin and shiny coat
- No more "doggy" smell
- Increase in energy levels
- Cleaner and healthier teeth and gums and fresher breath
- Smaller anddryer stools with less odour (and less for you to clean up)
- Decrease in health conditions, such as arthritis, allergies, ear and urinary tract infections, diabetes and thyroid conditions, anal glands issues etc.
- Improved weight control with firmer and leaner body
- Stronger immune system
- Fewer veterinary bills (which is great news for you and your wallet)
- Happier pet